Sunday, March 27, 2011

Dave's Kitten

I sat the gallery at the Wine Place in Yachats yesterday. It's a great place to go for all your wine needs and Carrie Yano, the owner, might even listen to you Whine for a while. Anyway, I had two small paintings I wanted to finish up, but, I got all tangled up with a new piece. The Scratchboard group is forming a new society, the International Society of Scratchboard Artists (ISSA). All I can say is that the ante has been upped as far as the quality and I'm slowing down but working harder. (I'm also looking for work again).

Dave is the maintenance guy at the apartments I've just left, but he's also the Maintenance guy at the apartments where I'm the assistant. (I've discovered I make a great assistant, just call me Babalouie). Anyway, Dave has been so kind and is so nice, that I'm doing this piece of his cat. He gave me two great pictures, but I really liked is kitten in a drawer. Here's the start.

It's going to be 8x10.

No comments: