Thursday, December 24, 2009

Wire Fox Terrier and Commissions

My commissions are gone, all winging their way to their new homes. I learned a lesson while working on these. An artist is always learning, changing. I took nearly a year to do these and my style changed, subtly, but it changed. It left me not as pleased with my art as I originally had planned. I couldn't put my finger on what I disliked and another artist said something about dusting off a two year old board and it came to me, your style is still there, but you change.


Anyway, I got to meet one of the dogs that I had drawn. Her name is Molly and she is a 17 year old Wire Fox Terrier. I love this piece, but did spend every spare moment (and a few not so spare moments) on it this week. I'm very happy with it and am gifting the original to the owners for Christmas. Prints will be available for sale.

No comments: