Friday, August 03, 2007

Charlie, ACD


I was contacted by someone that remembered me. She wanted to know if I could do a portrait for ACD rescue. I said no, and then promptly went out and did one, and it will be in the calendar (I hope). Anyway, he was picked up, found to be full of bbs, and in shot, and is now in his forever home learning to be a therapy dog. I met the other therapy dog these people had and she was wonderful. I would say he has some pretty big paws to fill but, from what I've heard, he's doing it effortlessly and lovingly in spite of a not so good beginning.


The thing I love about this particular breed is that they always look like they got a spare part off of another dog. Derby, another ACD I knew, was a red but had a black and white spotted tail. Charlie is a beautiful spotted silvery color, with what looks like solid black ears (probably borrowed from a German Shepherd, just kidding). I had several shots of him, most of them when he looked very serious, but this one, although I'm not overjoyed with drawing tongues, had the most beautiful expression of happiness and I sincerely hope I captured it. I think I did.


Karen

No comments: